HISTORY OF TLB
The blind students of Manoleo Vocational Training centre (VTC) in Tabora Region founded TLB in 1964. It was a forum to discuss the problems they encountered and also for voicing their grievances against hostile environment of the centre and for the equalization of opportunities for the blind and visually impaired people in Tanzania.
The organization grew up and became a national organization following its registration in 1972 under m, societies Ordinance Cap.337 of 1959 and was issued a registration no. SO 5034.