Terms of Reference (TOR) for Developing TLB Database
Tanzania League of the Blind (TLB) is a registered Civil Society Organization (CSO) that is committed to improve the quality of life of people with visual impairment in Tanzania through lobbying and advocacy; awareness raising; information sharing; facilitating access to education and vocational training; and economic empowerment. This is the only national CSO operated by the blinds and visually impaired themselves in Tanzania. It has around 35,245 members with 104 district branches countrywide.
Currently, TLB is implementing a project on access to quality inclusive education to persons with visual impairment and those with albinism. This project is implemented in four districts of Kilwa, Kiteto, Kasulu and Nyasa.
In ensuring TLB is providing services to her active members, TLB has decided to establish a database of her members. This database will give a clear picture of how many active members of TLB.
In ensuring TLB has a good and accessible database, TLB is seeking for a consultant who can help the organization in developing an accessible database.
The objective of this activity is to have a database system which has active members based on the TLB constitution. On completion of the activity, the leaders will be:
a) Be able to add active TLB members to the database.
b) Be able to understand TLB members in each region and district;
c) Be able to identify how much the organization is supposed to get based on the membership contribution;
Scope of work of the Consultant
Under the overall supervision and guidance of TLB project coordinator and other staff and leaders, the consultant will perform the following specific tasks:
1. Design the database system;
2. Conduct training for TLB leaders and staff on how to fill and use the database.
Expected Deliverable & Outcome: Deliverable:
1. TLB database system is in place.
Outcome 1: trained TLB staff and leaders will be able to put active members into a database system.
Outcome 2: TLB will be having actual active members per branch, district, regional and national at large.
Duration of the activity: This activity will be done in three weeks after having signed a contract between the consultant and the organization.
The budget for the consultancy will include consultancy fee. in local currency (TZS).
Mode of Payment
60% of the contract cost will be paid after signing of the contract and the remaining 4JUdGzvrMFDWrUUwY3toJATSeNwjn54LkCnKBPRzDuhzi5vSepHfUckJNxRL2gjkNrSqtCoRUrEDAgRwsQvVCjZbRyFTLRNyDmT1a1boZVyour behalf as required by the law.
Interested Candidates must submit the following items.
1. Signed Cover letter;
2. Technical proposal (maximum of 5 pages), which should include the following: (a) Proposed Training program and methodology to be used in carrying out the assignment for both sighted and persons with visual impairment. (b) Consultant experience in delivering similar work.
3. Financial proposal specifying the cost allocations (in TZS);
4. Current CV, maximum of 5 pages;
5. Business Documents: copy of a) Registration Certificate (For Registered Firms), b) TIN Certificate, c) Tax Clearance Certificate; and d) Up-to-date Business License.
6. Prototype based on the form provided
How to apply
Interested Consulting firms or Individuals who are officially registered by the government authorities are expected to submit a detailed expression of interest (technical and financial proposal) addressed to the Secretary General – TLB through email email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 30th 2023.